Director of Programs (National)
Director of Programs (National)
Black Health seeks a seasoned Director of Programs to manage the national programs of the organization.
As a key member of the Management Team, the Director of Programs will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will play a critical role in the overall strategic leadership of the organization.
The position will be responsible for ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, quality control and evaluation.
The candidate must have a broad knowledge of program management principles. They must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and develop their staff. The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization.
Position is based in New York City and involves 30% travel. We are hiring for this position immediately. Black Health provides a robust benefits package including medical/dental, flexible spending, 403(b), vacation accrual, sick leave and paid federal holidays.
What You’ll Do
- Cultivate existing relationships with vendors with the goal of ensuring sufficient space, resources and access to services.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and other pertinent events, as recommended.
- Work closely with the COO to drive the programmatic vision and program development.
- Oversee development and implementation of all program areas to ensure rigor, consistency, high-quality programming and mission alignment.
- Develop a deep understanding of the components of each aspect of program, the skills necessary to perform each job well, and the appropriate standard of performance for each role.
- Collaborate with the Development and Communications functions to support the creation of organizational collateral, and the marketing of programs for growth and retention.
Program Operational Management
- Using the existing balanced score card and program dashboard, establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability.
- Manage monitoring and evaluation and training consultants.
- Hold staff accountable to weekly and monthly planning expectations as established by the organization.
- Administer assessments on program quality and service.
- Track key performance indicators and outcomes, report on data to key stakeholders.
- Champion the implementation of all evaluative measures.
- Oversee program budget in conjunction with Director of Finance Department
Team Management and Development
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training and orientation of all staff members.
Who you are
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop a proven program.
The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the COO and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum of a BA, MA preferred
- At least 10 years of experience with three of those in a team management role
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Process oriented with solid computer skills.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
Salary range: $95,000 – $102,000
To apply, please submit a cover letter with salary requirement and resume to email@example.com.