Black Health seeks a Data Manager, as a key member of the Management Team, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
This person will be working as part of a team of program managers, public health professionals and community leaders, the Data Steward position will oversee all aspects of data management, coordination and administration.
What You’ll Do
- Support a data governance committee of program managers and core staff and building a community of interest approach to ensuring data is collected and used strategically, responsibility, and at high quality throughout the organization.
- Develop and maintain an efficient and up-to-date data standards registry across the organization and ensuring that all new datasets are maintained, consistent and do not duplicate other data collection processes.
- Maintain overall data quality and integrity across the organization.
- Oversee all data-related operations including data management systems design and maintenance, data collection survey creation, and web-based data visualizations.
- Develop best practice data-related technical guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Troubleshooting data related issues.
Who you are
- Experience working in complex and data intensive roles across all aspects of data including data collection, management, analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in survey design and the development of mobile data collection tools
- Highly competent in Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet, text editing and/or statistical analysis software.
- Competence in Salesforce.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills with the ability to work well with others.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL a plus.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) experience
Roles and responsibilities
- Discover efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data on health with attention to security and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate advanced data management skills, strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures.
- Develop and implement a Data Management Plan and procedures
- Ensure timely data flows and data security to and from all programs to operations and funding providers.
- Use spreadsheets, Salesforce, social media and website analytics programs, and different statistical software as required.
- Develop data entry platforms, and maintain a data dictionary.
- Understand existing data sharing policy and practices.
- Establishes data quality standards work with data reporting directorates.
- Prepare datasets for analysis and respond to data sharing requests.
- Develop data tracking mechanisms from different data sources.
- Demonstrate advanced statistical knowledge and skills to analyze heterogeneous epidemiologic data, surveillance data, clinical data, evaluation data, nutrition data, biomedical data and others.
- Enforce organizational and community-based data sharing policies for effective data management.
- Coordinate and facilitate data mapping, digitizing, and centralizing existing and new data sources.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills.
Tertiary qualifications or similar work experience in public health management, data collection or related field.
4+ years proven experiences on health and health related data management and analysis.
Health Sciences/biostatistics background.
Analytical mindset with superb communication and problem-solving skills.
Salary range: $80,000 – $92,000
To apply, please submit a cover letter with salary requirement and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.